- Kraken is a United States-based cryptocurrency exchange that enables trading in cryptocurrency and fiat currencies.
- The exchange has announced that it has integrated Apple Pay and Google Pay on its application.
- Customers, traders and investors can purchase cryptocurrencies using their existing Apple Pay or Google Pay account.
What did Kraken announce?
In a recent public announcement, Kraken, the leading American cryptocurrency exchange, revealed that it has integrated Apple Pay and Google Pay with its mobile trading application. This implies that the traders which use the Kraken platform will be able to deposit funds and purchase the offered cryptocurrencies with Apple Pay or Google Pay, as chosen. On logging in the Kraken account, the existing Apple Pay or Google Pay account of the customers can be linked to the exchange’s trading application. Once the accounts are linked, the customers have a chance to deposit funds from the corresponding payment accounts.
The Kraken team has listed three steps that need to be followed while availing the newly launched feature. These are the steps enumerated by the Kraken team:
- In the Kraken trading application, the customers must select the ‘buy’ option so as to place a purchase order for their desired cryptocurrency.
- Next, the customer should enter the amount he wishes to invest or the quantity of coins he wishes to buy. To place the order, he must choose the ‘Pay with’ option to select Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- Finally, he must review the order to check that it meets his conditions and confirm the order. Once the order is placed, the coins will be credited to the Kraken wallet and the funds will be debited from the Apple Pay or Google Pay account.
What is Kraken?
Kraken is a United States-based cryptocurrency exchange that enables trading in cryptocurrency and fiat currencies. In addition to being a cryptocurrency exchange, it also performs the functions of a bank. The institution was founded in 2011 and grew to become a cryptocurrency giant over the decade. As of this year, the exchange is accessible to people from 48 states in the United States of America and 176 countries, offering over 72 cryptocurrencies and cryptocurrency pairs.
New users can open an account within hours and start with as low as $10. It offers easy and convenient withdrawals and deposits which offers a seamless experience for newcomers and expert traders alike. The investors can track the performance of their portfolio and statement of profit and loss on the same platform.
One of the things that distinguishes Kraken from other exchanges is that it values security above all. This includes security of the digital assets as well as the personal details of the traders. Most of the crypto assets under Kraken’s custody are stored in cold wallets. These wallets are offline wallets, thus inaccessible by third parties and hackers. Kraken’s platform provides high security due to its world class financial stability, plenty of reserves, banking relationships and adapting to legal compliances.
In pursuit of its view of consumer satisfaction, the exchange has a 24/7 operational customer care service. The team of experts tend to all the issues raised by the platform’s users.
Also Read: Ripple Labs To Launch Bhutan CBDC